Jodi N. Cohen
Jodi is a Senior Attorney in VLP’s Fort Lauderdale office, where her practice focuses on civil construction litigation. She has experience in advising and counseling clients regarding contract formation, bid protests, negotiations, breaches, and litigation strategy. Jodi primarily litigates complex construction claims involving contracts, payment and performance bonds, construction defects, design errors, and construction liens. She represents clients in federal and state courts, as well as before administrative agencies.
Jodi was born in Queens, New York, and was raised in Coral Springs, Florida. She and her husband, Jordan, have one daughter. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, spinning, and Pilates.
- University of Miami (J.D. 2002)
- Articles and Comments Editor, Journal of Business Law
- Nova Southeastern University (MBA, magna cum laude, 1999)
- University of Florida (B.A. in Liberal Arts, magna cum laude, 1998)
- Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (Construction Litigation), 2013 – 2017
- South Florida Business Journal’s “Up and Comers,” 2007
- South Florida Business Journal’s “Key Partners,” 2006
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, 2011 – 2015
- Leadership Broward (Class of XXV)
- ABA Section of Litigation