Michael is a Shareholder in the firm’s Fort Lauderdale office and is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell. Michael’s practice is focused on construction law and he is Board Certified by the Florida Bar as a Construction Law Specialist. Michael represents sureties, owners, developers, contractors, construction managers, design professionals and subcontractors in all phases of the construction process.
Michael primarily litigates complex construction claims involving contracts, payment and performance bonds, construction defects, design errors, and construction liens.
Active in both professional and bar-related activities, Michael is a member of the Construction Law Section for the Broward County Bar Association.
Michael was born in Norwalk, Connecticut. From an early age, Michael was raised in Boca Raton, Florida. He and his wife Jamie enjoy running, swimming, racquetball, golf and skiing.
Relevant Experience and Representative Cases
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of performance bond surety against a $12 million dollar claim relating to alleged defective construction of high-end, luxury ocean front condominium complex
- Defended $5 million dollar claim against major Florida builder and its performance bond surety relating to alleged defective construction
- Defended and resolved $18 million dollar claim against major Florida builder and its performance bond surety relating to alleged defective construction
- Represented masonry subcontractor before American Arbitration Association relating to competing $4.5 million dollar claims concerning military design-build project in North Carolina
- Prosecuted claim for major contractor against the Florida school board
- Prosecuted delay claim for major national engineering firm against Florida governmental entity
- Prosecuted claim on behalf of major south Florida site development contractor against Florida city and its subdivision bond surety
- Prosecuted numerous claim of lien foreclosures as well payment and performance bond claims
- University of Miami (J.D., 2002)
- University of Florida (B.A., high honors, 1998)
- Florida, 2003
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar as a Construction Law Specialist
- Virginia, 2003
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section – Construction Law
- Broward County Bar Association, Construction Law Committee
- Associated Builders and Constructors, Inc. – Florida East Coast Chapter
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Construction Law Section