Mike is a founding Shareholder in the firm’s Ft. Lauderdale office. After a flirtation with First Amendment law, his practice has concentrated on construction, surety, and technology representation for the past 30-plus years. He is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Construction Law and has been recognized by Super Lawyers, by Best Lawyers in America, and by Chambers USA in the field of construction litigation.
Mike has extensive first chair jury trial experience, primarily in construction-related disputes, in both state and federal courts. He also has participated in hundreds of mediations and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings, as well as administrative hearings. Mike has authored briefs and presented arguments in appellate proceedings before the various Florida District Courts of Appeal, the Florida Supreme Court, and the federal Fifth and Eleventh Circuit. He is quite familiar with standard construction and surety documents and has authored and reviewed specialty documents at all levels of complexity.
Recently, Mike has begun conducting mediations and arbitrations specializing in construction-related issues. To schedule an ADR proceeding, please contact Kathleen McFadden at 954-728-1270.
Mike’s family moved to Florida when he was eight years old. He is an avid Florida Gator fan, having graduated from the UF law school academically at the head of his class. He has lived in Fort Lauderdale for over 25 years with his wife, Dr. June Piscitelli, who is a Senior Lead Instructor for Pearson.
- University of Florida College of Law (J.D., with high honors)
- Florida Law Review
- Moot Court
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Order of the Coif
- University of Florida (M.A.)
- University of South Florida (B.A.)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Construction Law
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- American Arbitration Association Roster of Arbitrators
- Public Private Contracting in Florida Survives, 83 Florida Bar Journal 10 (2009) (Co-Author)
- The Best Lawyers in America© (Construction Law), 2003 – 2024
- Florida Super Lawyers (Construction Litigation), 2007 – present
- Chambers USA (Construction Law), 2014 – 2023
- Who’s Who Legal (Construction), 2020 – present
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Construction Law Committee of The Florida Bar