Public-Private Partnerships & Design-Build
The state legislature has set a goal for the Florida Department of Transportation to award 25 percent of its capacity adding projects by the design-build method. In addition, necessary statutory changes are in place to allow private sector financing to advance projects as public-private partnerships. VLP has been at the forefront of the traditional design-build and P-3 delivery methods in Florida.
We work pre-bid with concessionaires and contractor teams to help decipher the intricacies of the solicitation requests. We draft memoranda of understanding and teaming agreements that outline each party’s responsibilities. We assist the contractor teams in negotiating joint venture agreements, special purpose vehicles, design contracts, and major subcontracts. We have taken a proactive role to identify and craft strategies to overcome obstacles that could jeopardize the contacting team’s ability to provide a quality project, on time and within budget. We understand risk management in the legal framework.
We also provide contract administration and dispute resolution assistance during construction of these projects by offering strategic counsel to help clients manage their contracts and guard their interests when disputes arise.
- P-3 projects where VLP has had significant involvement include:
- Florida: I-4 Ultimate Project (Design/Build/Finance/Operate/Maintain/Toll)
- Florida: I-75 Lee/Collier Counties (Design/Build/Finance)
- Florida: I-95 Widening/Pineda Causeway Interchange (Design/Build/Finance)
- Florida: Palmetto Expressway Widening and Interchange Improvements (Design/Build/Finance)
- Florida: I-595 Corridor Improvement Project (Design/Build/Finance/Operate/Maintain/Toll)
- Florida: Alligator Ally Concession Contract (Operate/Maintain/Toll)
- Georgia: West-by-Northwest Improvement Project (Design/Build/Finance/Operate/Maintain/Toll)
- North Carolina: I-485 NCDOT (Design/Build/Finance)